Friday, November 21, 2008

Daddies are Important

Chris is away from home a lot. Not because he wants to, but that's how it goes when you're a full-time college student and trying to work to support a wife and little girl.

Well, recently, his work at the printshop has gone from hourly wage + commission to just commission. There just isn't much print sales to be made around here. Chris is working on a vehicle wrap sale with a local cab company (which everything seems to be going in our favor) which will be a great source of income for us. Getting ready for this sale pitch has meant that Chris has been home a lot more lately because he's been doing a lot of computer research.

And with Chris being around more lately, we have seen a marked change in Lucy. Lucy is a very good girl, a little crazy, but very pleasant and goofy. Only when she's tired does she fight and become stubborn. But one of the sad things is that for a LONG time, she has had no desire to pray. I don't know how much she prays at church (since I'm not her Primary teacher), but she has acted at home like it was a huge burden and inadequate. But now with more presence of her Daddy, she praying! Hurray!

So I'm thankful to have Chris around a little bit more and hope for a way for that to be affordable for us, and not deplete the already decreasing savings.

2 comments:

The Sanford Family said...

I sure hope things work out for you guys! I remember those college days all too well!!

Don't fret about Lucy not wanting to pray. Ethan did the exact same thing! He started about the age of 5, can't remember for sure. Now, he's seven and will say prayer but not as much as we would like. He does, however, have the sweetest testimony. This is the kid who I've caught saying a prayer by himself every time there is a storm after we had the flood in our house. This is also the same kid that told me while I was on a ferris wheel and scared who said to me (in a "duh" tone of voice), "Mom, you don't have to be scared. Heavenly Father will protect us." I have so many other cool stories about him like that.

So, don't think that her not wanting to say prayer is any indication of her testimony or faith. Just don't push her put offer for her to do it often - same concept with getting them to eat veggies.

The Sanford Family said...

I forgot to mention ... I have that exact same shirt you're wearing on the top right corner of your blog. I also wear "do-rags" all of the time at home. Claire saw this picture of you and your family and asked me why you looked like me.