After getting all caught up on all four seasons of The Office on my laptop DVD player and on the internet, I decided that I really wanted to host a premiere party for season five, back in September. We got a hand-me-down TV from friends in the ward, bought an antenna, and cleaned up my house to host my first party in my new house. I love parties and I love the Office. Perfect combination.
I had only invited a few friends that I knew that liked the show, too (invitations pictured above). I don't usually talk to people about that show because people either love it or hate it, and being inclined to avoid contention, I would only discuss with a selected few. Everyone has their right to taste; I just don't like being yelled at for mine. There are books and movies that have been or are very popular that I that I didn't care for the basic elements or plot lines, and I get yelled at for that, too. So the easy thing to do is not to bring things up unless I know I'm safe. That and be very nice about what other people like that I don't. I really do try and not be or perceived as rude.
I love The Office. Thursdays just don't come soon enough and it's been pretty hit or miss on whether Lucy is in bed before the show starts. But then there's the internet. Which I need to use to catch Chris up on this season.




5 comments:
Oh The Office makes me laugh.
Oh I'm glad we share the same love. The only show I religiously watch -- The Office. Too funny, too funny!
Stew and I are fans..he likes it a little bit more then me but if we could we'd invite ourselves to your party. :O) Maybe I'll steal the idea and throw a party here in Reno. :)
Why do I feel so left out? I've never watched the office except for an episode I saw at Natalie's house. I liked it but I've just never gotten into it. Is there something wrong with me?
Hey remember how they had the website launch party (with the "lunch party" banner). i think i should host the finale party like that. maybe utilize the phones. anyone know how to make a party website thing?
Post a Comment